Many Florida homes have furnaces, and we were talking the other day about the risks furnaces can pose to homeowners if something goes wrong. If you have a furnace, do you also have a carbon monoxide detector? Any gas appliance, from hot water heaters to stoves to furnaces, can potentially create carbon monoxide—a colorless, odorless gas that, in sufficient quantities, can cause lightheadedness, sleepiness, and even death!
We at Independent Air want to make sure that you’re safe, especially as you turn on your furnace to take the chill from the air. A carbon monoxide detector is inexpensive, easy to install, and can be found at any home improvement store. Don’t take any chances! If you need a detector, please get one and install it today.